Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Me Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net">her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


This is my first Not Me Monday experience..Here it goes:

Well, I picked my three year old daughter up from pre-school, and she most certainly did not show me a worksheet where her teacher wrote her name in highlight so she could trace it because they're learning how to write their names. And Savannah, my daughter, did not say, "Mommy I told teacher that I had two n's in my name." And the worksheet absolutely did not have my daughter's name (which she was tracing) spelled SAVANAH! And, I was not at all frustrated at the thought of my daughter learning how to write her name INCORRECTLY! So, I absolutely did not send a note to Savannah's teacher suggesting that it would be a great idea to teach students how to write and spell their names correctly!!

I did not put off going to the grocery store one more day. So, I did not feed my daughter a different flavored oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I mean, come on, we all know that perfect moms don't do that. We make three course meals every single day.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, Jada has been asking me when she can see her best friend "Sabana." I told her, "If that's your best friend, you better learn to say her name!" :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, your comment section is trippen!! Does my comment look funny to you?? It has a big ol' trash can right in the middle of it??? Weird!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hello..My name is Takiyah. You may think that perhaps I sing or play an instrument because my display name is "Musicislife." Well, none of the above are true. In fact, my middle name is Music. Yes, it's on my birth certificate. So, growing up, everyone called me Music, which was fine with me because as a child I didn't like my first name because I thought it was too "ethnic." As I got older, I realized that Music wasn't such a hot name in the professional domain. So, I was faced with a dilemma: Music(silly) or Takiyah(ethnic)? Well, I went with Takiyah because I really have grown to like it and think it's a unique name. So, with all that said...I'm Takiyah. I'm new to the blogging world, but have much to share. So, till we meet again.